An update to the Samsung Gear app is adding access to Samsung Pay for the Gear S2 smartwatch. “To get the mobile payments feature setup, you do indeed need to be up and running with the latest software on your Gear S2,” Droid Life reports. “Then look for the latest update to the Samsung Gear App that seems to include the option for Samsung Pay Beta.” The beta is currently available for Bluetooth versions of the Gear S2 devices only. Reports surfaced that Samsung Pay would be going live on the device from November 2015. Its launch was delayed in December.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service