An update to the Samsung Gear app is adding access to Samsung Pay for the Gear S2 smartwatch. “To get the mobile payments feature setup, you do indeed need to be up and running with the latest software on your Gear S2,” Droid Life reports. “Then look for the latest update to the Samsung Gear App that seems to include the option for Samsung Pay Beta.” The beta is currently available for Bluetooth versions of the Gear S2 devices only. Reports surfaced that Samsung Pay would be going live on the device from November 2015. Its launch was delayed in December.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service