An update to the Samsung Gear app is adding access to Samsung Pay for the Gear S2 smartwatch. “To get the mobile payments feature setup, you do indeed need to be up and running with the latest software on your Gear S2,” Droid Life reports. “Then look for the latest update to the Samsung Gear App that seems to include the option for Samsung Pay Beta.” The beta is currently available for Bluetooth versions of the Gear S2 devices only. Reports surfaced that Samsung Pay would be going live on the device from November 2015. Its launch was delayed in December.
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups