The annual use of contactless cards across the UK has risen 250%, with £1.1bn spent in March 2016 alone, research released by the British Bankers Association (BBA) reveals. “Banks issued 15m cards with contactless technology in 2015, up 54% on the year before,” the trade association says. UK consumers are now also using mobile banking apps more than 7,610 times a minute or 4bn times a year.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API