Russians can now make payments through online payment service Yandex.Checkout by scanning a QR code with the Yandex.Money mobile app. “Once the code is scanned, the app will show the product’s name, seller and price,” the company says. “The user chooses a payment method — either Yandex.Money e-wallet or a bank card linked to it. QR codes can be placed either on material goods, documents or digital products.” More than 76,000 online stores use Yandex.Checkout, while Yandex.Money has 4m users. Yandex.Money added NFC to its mobile app in April 2016.
- Google to boost Google Pay adoption with transfer option for cards saved in Chrome
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments