Russians can now make payments through online payment service Yandex.Checkout by scanning a QR code with the Yandex.Money mobile app. “Once the code is scanned, the app will show the product’s name, seller and price,” the company says. “The user chooses a payment method — either Yandex.Money e-wallet or a bank card linked to it. QR codes can be placed either on material goods, documents or digital products.” More than 76,000 online stores use Yandex.Checkout, while Yandex.Money has 4m users. Yandex.Money added NFC to its mobile app in April 2016.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities