Mastercard and Visa have joined Early Warning’s peer-to-peer network ClearXChange, allowing US consumers to send money to others using their Mastercard or Visa credit and debit cards. The payment networks join Capital One, Bank of America, US Bank, JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo in supporting the service, made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK