Mastercard and Visa have joined Early Warning’s peer-to-peer network ClearXChange, allowing US consumers to send money to others using their Mastercard or Visa credit and debit cards. The payment networks join Capital One, Bank of America, US Bank, JP Morgan Chase and Wells Fargo in supporting the service, made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone