Eight out of ten Mastercard US consumer credit cards now include chips, representing an 88% increase in EMV adoption since the October 2015 liability shift. “The company also sees 1.7m chip-active merchant locations on its network, representing nearly 30% of the US merchant population and a 374% increase in chip terminal adoption since 1 October 2015,” Mastercard says.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain