Eight out of ten Mastercard US consumer credit cards now include chips, representing an 88% increase in EMV adoption since the October 2015 liability shift. “The company also sees 1.7m chip-active merchant locations on its network, representing nearly 30% of the US merchant population and a 374% increase in chip terminal adoption since 1 October 2015,” Mastercard says.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries