Claims of a potential security flaw in Samsung Pay’s tokenization technology, presented by researcher Salvador Mendoza at the Black Hat security conference and demonstrated in a video, have been dismissed. “Samsung Pay does not use the algorithm claimed in the Black Hat presentation to encrypt payment credentials or generate cryptograms,” Samsung says, adding that the possibility of completing a payment in this way is “extremely unlikely”.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022