Claims of a potential security flaw in Samsung Pay’s tokenization technology, presented by researcher Salvador Mendoza at the Black Hat security conference and demonstrated in a video, have been dismissed. “Samsung Pay does not use the algorithm claimed in the Black Hat presentation to encrypt payment credentials or generate cryptograms,” Samsung says, adding that the possibility of completing a payment in this way is “extremely unlikely”.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info