Claims of a potential security flaw in Samsung Pay’s tokenization technology, presented by researcher Salvador Mendoza at the Black Hat security conference and demonstrated in a video, have been dismissed. “Samsung Pay does not use the algorithm claimed in the Black Hat presentation to encrypt payment credentials or generate cryptograms,” Samsung says, adding that the possibility of completing a payment in this way is “extremely unlikely”.
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year