Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG) is exploring the use of a facial authentication system for customers to make payments. “SMFG aims to utilise users’ facial data as a means of verifying their credit cards or bank accounts,” The Japan News reports. “SMFG will begin trials at retail outlets as early as 2017 before developing it for practical use over several years after the trials.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works