Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will launch its Mi Pay NFC-based mobile payment service on 1 September, in collaboration with bankcard association China UnionPay. “It can be linked to credit cards and debit cards from 10 banks,” China Daily reports. “With Mi Pay, consumers can also use smartphones as transportation cards.” Xiaomi unveiled Mi Pay earlier this month, after reports emerged in April that the company was working with China UnionPay.
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico