Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will launch its Mi Pay NFC-based mobile payment service on 1 September, in collaboration with bankcard association China UnionPay. “It can be linked to credit cards and debit cards from 10 banks,” China Daily reports. “With Mi Pay, consumers can also use smartphones as transportation cards.” Xiaomi unveiled Mi Pay earlier this month, after reports emerged in April that the company was working with China UnionPay.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards