Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will launch its Mi Pay NFC-based mobile payment service on 1 September, in collaboration with bankcard association China UnionPay. “It can be linked to credit cards and debit cards from 10 banks,” China Daily reports. “With Mi Pay, consumers can also use smartphones as transportation cards.” Xiaomi unveiled Mi Pay earlier this month, after reports emerged in April that the company was working with China UnionPay.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards