Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will launch its Mi Pay NFC-based mobile payment service on 1 September, in collaboration with bankcard association China UnionPay. “It can be linked to credit cards and debit cards from 10 banks,” China Daily reports. “With Mi Pay, consumers can also use smartphones as transportation cards.” Xiaomi unveiled Mi Pay earlier this month, after reports emerged in April that the company was working with China UnionPay.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain