Chinese handset maker Xiaomi will launch its Mi Pay NFC-based mobile payment service on 1 September, in collaboration with bankcard association China UnionPay. “It can be linked to credit cards and debit cards from 10 banks,” China Daily reports. “With Mi Pay, consumers can also use smartphones as transportation cards.” Xiaomi unveiled Mi Pay earlier this month, after reports emerged in April that the company was working with China UnionPay.
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019