German technology provider Wirecard has launched an app allowing European retailers to accept Alipay QR code mobile payments from Chinese tourists. “Retailers will soon be able to download the Scan Alipay iOS app from the app store,” Wirecard says. “An Android version will follow in the course of this year. The app will be taken up predominantly by catering establishments and clothing retailers.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015. In June 2016 it was reported that Alipay is in talks to negotiate a 25% stake in Wirecard.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system