German technology provider Wirecard has launched an app allowing European retailers to accept Alipay QR code mobile payments from Chinese tourists. “Retailers will soon be able to download the Scan Alipay iOS app from the app store,” Wirecard says. “An Android version will follow in the course of this year. The app will be taken up predominantly by catering establishments and clothing retailers.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015. In June 2016 it was reported that Alipay is in talks to negotiate a 25% stake in Wirecard.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year