Visa Checkout will soon be offered as a service for US retailers using the PayPal-owned Braintree payments platform. “Visa Checkout will be available to US merchants through Braintree’s SDK in early 2017,” PayPal says. “Visa Checkout now has more than 14m consumer accounts. Hundreds of thousands of merchants and more than 900 financial institution partners now offer Visa Checkout in 16 countries around the world; expansion into five additional European countries and India will take place by the end of 2016.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?