Visa Checkout will soon be offered as a service for US retailers using the PayPal-owned Braintree payments platform. “Visa Checkout will be available to US merchants through Braintree’s SDK in early 2017,” PayPal says. “Visa Checkout now has more than 14m consumer accounts. Hundreds of thousands of merchants and more than 900 financial institution partners now offer Visa Checkout in 16 countries around the world; expansion into five additional European countries and India will take place by the end of 2016.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland