Digital payments platform Masterpass has been available to 200m consumers in Europe as of the end of June 2016. “40 major issuers across 18 countries in Europe are now using Masterpass to integrate digital payments into their services,” Mastercard says. The company unveiled an enhanced version of Masterpass in July 2016 to enable in-store NFC mobile purchases through the platform.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain