Digital payments platform Masterpass has been available to 200m consumers in Europe as of the end of June 2016. “40 major issuers across 18 countries in Europe are now using Masterpass to integrate digital payments into their services,” Mastercard says. The company unveiled an enhanced version of Masterpass in July 2016 to enable in-store NFC mobile purchases through the platform.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations