Digital payments platform Masterpass has been available to 200m consumers in Europe as of the end of June 2016. “40 major issuers across 18 countries in Europe are now using Masterpass to integrate digital payments into their services,” Mastercard says. The company unveiled an enhanced version of Masterpass in July 2016 to enable in-store NFC mobile purchases through the platform.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system