Digital payments platform Masterpass has been available to 200m consumers in Europe as of the end of June 2016. “40 major issuers across 18 countries in Europe are now using Masterpass to integrate digital payments into their services,” Mastercard says. The company unveiled an enhanced version of Masterpass in July 2016 to enable in-store NFC mobile purchases through the platform.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa