The total number of global card purchases increased by 15% in 2015 to 270bn, almost double the 8% rise in card numbers, RBR’s Global Payment Cards Data and Forecasts to 2021 reveals. “The number of card payments worldwide is projected to rise by 55% between 2015 and 2021 to reach 417bn. This compares to growth of 28% in card numbers over the same period,” the firm says. “The research indicates that consumers around the world are increasingly turning to cards to make purchases.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works