The PayPal-owned Venmo mobile payments app may soon allow users to make in-store purchases using NFC. PayPal is also adding NFC mobile payments to its PayPal Wallet through an agreement reached with Visa in July 2016 and the Mastercard deal announced this week. “Venmo and its parent company, PayPal, are adding in-store payments to their mobile apps in the first half of 2017,” Quartz reports. “Jim Magats, PayPal’s head of global core payments, tells Quartz that PayPal is in discussions with Apple to see how they can work together in the future.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?