UK banks Santander, Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and Ulster Bank now support Android Pay. “TSB customers will also soon be able to add their cards to Android Pay, with a roll out planned this month,” Google says. Android Pay launched in the UK in May 2016. TSB announced in July that it would support the mobile payment platform from the fourth quarter of this year.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents