Retail giant Walmart is to stop accepting Visa credit cards at its 16 stores in the Canadian province of Manitoba, beginning 24 October 2016. Walmart Canada ceased to welcome Visa credit cards in Thunder Bay, Ontario in July. The decision follows the supermarket chain’s filing of a lawsuit against Visa in May for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with chip cards”.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?