Retail giant Walmart is to stop accepting Visa credit cards at its 16 stores in the Canadian province of Manitoba, beginning 24 October 2016. Walmart Canada ceased to welcome Visa credit cards in Thunder Bay, Ontario in July. The decision follows the supermarket chain’s filing of a lawsuit against Visa in May for “allegedly forcing the retailer to let customers use signatures when paying with chip cards”.
- Target to launch mobile payment service this year
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay