US financial institution Frost Bank has joined Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. “Through the network, Frost Bank is now able to offer P2P payments directly through its online and mobile banking platforms,” Early Warning says. “In the first quarter of 2016, customers at banks in the ClearXChange network completed more than 46m P2P transfers, accounting for over US$16bn in combined transaction volume.” The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015. ClearXChange is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills