US financial institution Frost Bank has joined Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. “Through the network, Frost Bank is now able to offer P2P payments directly through its online and mobile banking platforms,” Early Warning says. “In the first quarter of 2016, customers at banks in the ClearXChange network completed more than 46m P2P transfers, accounting for over US$16bn in combined transaction volume.” The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015. ClearXChange is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes