US financial institution Frost Bank has joined Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. “Through the network, Frost Bank is now able to offer P2P payments directly through its online and mobile banking platforms,” Early Warning says. “In the first quarter of 2016, customers at banks in the ClearXChange network completed more than 46m P2P transfers, accounting for over US$16bn in combined transaction volume.” The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015. ClearXChange is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies