US financial institution Frost Bank has joined Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. “Through the network, Frost Bank is now able to offer P2P payments directly through its online and mobile banking platforms,” Early Warning says. “In the first quarter of 2016, customers at banks in the ClearXChange network completed more than 46m P2P transfers, accounting for over US$16bn in combined transaction volume.” The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015. ClearXChange is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle.
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay
- Free Galaxy S7 offer for Samsung Pay’s UAE launch
- Chinese third-party payment providers face client cash regulation
- Tesco rolls out mobile payments service across UK