The Electronic Payments Association (NACHA) has launched phase one of Same Day ACH (Automated Clearing House) across the US, allowing businesses and consumers to send and receive payments and payment-related information on the same day through the ACH Network. “Phase one of Same Day ACH allows for the sending and receiving of virtually any ACH credit transaction,” NACHA says. Phase two will launch in September 2017 to introduce the “faster processing and settlement of debit transactions, in addition to credit transactions”. Members of NACHA approved Same Day ACH in May 2015.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards