Square’s contactless chip reader is now available in Australia, enabling businesses to accept contactless transactions and NFC mobile payments. It will retail at $59 (US$45.11). The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015. When Square launched in Australia in March this year it initially opted not to make tap-and-go available, saying it would be “too expensive and too big” to fit the company’s signature shape.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?