Square’s contactless chip reader is now available in Australia, enabling businesses to accept contactless transactions and NFC mobile payments. It will retail at $59 (US$45.11). The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015. When Square launched in Australia in March this year it initially opted not to make tap-and-go available, saying it would be “too expensive and too big” to fit the company’s signature shape.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills