Square’s contactless chip reader is now available in Australia, enabling businesses to accept contactless transactions and NFC mobile payments. It will retail at $59 (US$45.11). The company began rolling out its first contactless readers in November 2015. When Square launched in Australia in March this year it initially opted not to make tap-and-go available, saying it would be “too expensive and too big” to fit the company’s signature shape.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations