Social messaging service WhatsApp has begun testing a service that enables users to send group invites and join a group chat via links, NFC or QR codes. “The feature is live in version 2.16.281 of the app, which is still in beta,” Android Police reports. Reports that WhatsApp was working on adding NFC for group invites surfaced in May 2016.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points