Social messaging service WhatsApp has begun testing a service that enables users to send group invites and join a group chat via links, NFC or QR codes. “The feature is live in version 2.16.281 of the app, which is still in beta,” Android Police reports. Reports that WhatsApp was working on adding NFC for group invites surfaced in May 2016.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries