Social messaging service WhatsApp has begun testing a service that enables users to send group invites and join a group chat via links, NFC or QR codes. “The feature is live in version 2.16.281 of the app, which is still in beta,” Android Police reports. Reports that WhatsApp was working on adding NFC for group invites surfaced in May 2016.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?