There are now more than 1.46 million chip-enabled businesses and 363 million chip-enabled Visa cards in the US, making it the largest Visa chip card market in the world, the company has revealed. “The number of Visa chip transactions surpassed half a billion in the month of August, representing a 1,000+ percent annual increase,” the payment network says.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account