There are now more than 1.46 million chip-enabled businesses and 363 million chip-enabled Visa cards in the US, making it the largest Visa chip card market in the world, the company has revealed. “The number of Visa chip transactions surpassed half a billion in the month of August, representing a 1,000+ percent annual increase,” the payment network says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones