There are now more than 1.46 million chip-enabled businesses and 363 million chip-enabled Visa cards in the US, making it the largest Visa chip card market in the world, the company has revealed. “The number of Visa chip transactions surpassed half a billion in the month of August, representing a 1,000+ percent annual increase,” the payment network says.
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India
- WeChat Pay reports 500% increase in transaction volumes
- Public Transport Victoria to add Myki transit cards to Google Pay
- Samsung Pay promotes mobile payments adoption with prize draw for UK users
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments