There are now more than 1.46 million chip-enabled businesses and 363 million chip-enabled Visa cards in the US, making it the largest Visa chip card market in the world, the company has revealed. “The number of Visa chip transactions surpassed half a billion in the month of August, representing a 1,000+ percent annual increase,” the payment network says.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency