More than 2,000 merchants have now signed up to EcoCash Ta!, the NFC sticker-based mobile payment service launched by mobile network operator Econet Wireless’ EcoCash mobile money subsidiary in Zimbabwe in December 2015. “Some of these merchants include Zimpapers, Dairibord, Total, Colcom, Ster-Kinekor, Ligi and Engen,” reports TechZim. “EcoCash is also pursuing plans to integrate the tap-to-pay system with the country’s tollgates before the end of 2016.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works