More than 2,000 merchants have now signed up to EcoCash Ta!, the NFC sticker-based mobile payment service launched by mobile network operator Econet Wireless’ EcoCash mobile money subsidiary in Zimbabwe in December 2015. “Some of these merchants include Zimpapers, Dairibord, Total, Colcom, Ster-Kinekor, Ligi and Engen,” reports TechZim. “EcoCash is also pursuing plans to integrate the tap-to-pay system with the country’s tollgates before the end of 2016.”
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app