A quarter of UK consumers are making NFC mobile purchases or would like to do so in the future, research by Mastercard reveals, with the figure increasing to 45% for those aged 25 to 34. More than two in five are ready to give up carrying cash completely, with 40% attributing their reduced use of traditional currency to wider acceptance of contactless payments. “Some 44% of consumers claim they would ditch notes and coins altogether if card payments were accepted everywhere,” Mastercard says.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info