A quarter of UK consumers are making NFC mobile purchases or would like to do so in the future, research by Mastercard reveals, with the figure increasing to 45% for those aged 25 to 34. More than two in five are ready to give up carrying cash completely, with 40% attributing their reduced use of traditional currency to wider acceptance of contactless payments. “Some 44% of consumers claim they would ditch notes and coins altogether if card payments were accepted everywhere,” Mastercard says.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India