Android Pay may be heading to Canada judging by the mobile app’s most recent update which “seems to list strings of code that includes references to Interac,” according to Android Headlines. “Although this doesn’t give any details, such as which banks may support Android Pay following a Canadian launch, the strings that mention Interac do suggest that at least some banking institutions will be adding support for the mobile payment platform in the near future.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works