Singapore-based ST Electronics is developing a transport ticketing system that uses facial recognition technology to recognise and charge commuters as they pass through fare gates. The Advance Fare Gate (AFG) “caters to the technology-savvy commuters who embrace cashless payment methods… and the latest modes of mobile payment,” the company says.
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods