Singapore-based ST Electronics is developing a transport ticketing system that uses facial recognition technology to recognise and charge commuters as they pass through fare gates. The Advance Fare Gate (AFG) “caters to the technology-savvy commuters who embrace cashless payment methods… and the latest modes of mobile payment,” the company says.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card