Singapore-based ST Electronics is developing a transport ticketing system that uses facial recognition technology to recognise and charge commuters as they pass through fare gates. The Advance Fare Gate (AFG) “caters to the technology-savvy commuters who embrace cashless payment methods… and the latest modes of mobile payment,” the company says.
- Beijing Metro to add face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers
- Rambus explains how online merchants can use card-on-file tokenization to reduce fraud and improve the online payments experience
- Boston Fed reports on the current status of payment tokenization in the USA
- Shoppers forecast to spend $45bn a year using self-checkout in stores
- NXP unveils high security NFC tags that let brands deliver digitally connected products at scale