Singapore-based ST Electronics is developing a transport ticketing system that uses facial recognition technology to recognise and charge commuters as they pass through fare gates. The Advance Fare Gate (AFG) “caters to the technology-savvy commuters who embrace cashless payment methods… and the latest modes of mobile payment,” the company says.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash