Singapore-based ST Electronics is developing a transport ticketing system that uses facial recognition technology to recognise and charge commuters as they pass through fare gates. The Advance Fare Gate (AFG) “caters to the technology-savvy commuters who embrace cashless payment methods… and the latest modes of mobile payment,” the company says.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability