Singapore-based ST Electronics is developing a transport ticketing system that uses facial recognition technology to recognise and charge commuters as they pass through fare gates. The Advance Fare Gate (AFG) “caters to the technology-savvy commuters who embrace cashless payment methods… and the latest modes of mobile payment,” the company says.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies