South Korea’s KB Kookmin Card is working with Bitcoin exchange service startup Coinplug to release a blockchain-based personal authentication service for mobile transactions next month, Pulse reports. It will first be implemented in its mobile credit card app, simplifying the current system that requires additional personal authentication steps for logging in, registering a new credit card and for making mobile payments of 300,000 won (US$264.08) or above.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts