South Korea’s KB Kookmin Card is working with Bitcoin exchange service startup Coinplug to release a blockchain-based personal authentication service for mobile transactions next month, Pulse reports. It will first be implemented in its mobile credit card app, simplifying the current system that requires additional personal authentication steps for logging in, registering a new credit card and for making mobile payments of 300,000 won (US$264.08) or above.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments