South Korea’s KB Kookmin Card is working with Bitcoin exchange service startup Coinplug to release a blockchain-based personal authentication service for mobile transactions next month, Pulse reports. It will first be implemented in its mobile credit card app, simplifying the current system that requires additional personal authentication steps for logging in, registering a new credit card and for making mobile payments of 300,000 won (US$264.08) or above.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow