South Korea’s KB Kookmin Card is working with Bitcoin exchange service startup Coinplug to release a blockchain-based personal authentication service for mobile transactions next month, Pulse reports. It will first be implemented in its mobile credit card app, simplifying the current system that requires additional personal authentication steps for logging in, registering a new credit card and for making mobile payments of 300,000 won (US$264.08) or above.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands