Mastercard has announced a partnership with wearable payments platform provider Fit Pay to bring contactless payments to wearables and internet of things devices. The payments giant says the companies will integrate the Fit Pay platform with the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service, and work with Wearatec and other device manufacturers to develop a “variety of secure contactless payments-enabled devices”. More than 2.5m devices are expected to be enabled for payments in 2017, Fit Pay says, with the number rising to more than 9m in 2018.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program