Mastercard has announced a partnership with wearable payments platform provider Fit Pay to bring contactless payments to wearables and internet of things devices. The payments giant says the companies will integrate the Fit Pay platform with the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service, and work with Wearatec and other device manufacturers to develop a “variety of secure contactless payments-enabled devices”. More than 2.5m devices are expected to be enabled for payments in 2017, Fit Pay says, with the number rising to more than 9m in 2018.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability