Online payments firm PayPal is to extend its relationship with Facebook and Messenger, becoming a payment option within the messaging app. PayPal customers will be able to link their accounts to Facebook and Messenger at the checkout, while those in the US will also be able to get notifications in Messenger. Bill Ready from PayPal said the deal would “help make mobile commerce smarter, simpler and more secure for consumers as well as merchants”.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent