Online payments firm PayPal is to extend its relationship with Facebook and Messenger, becoming a payment option within the messaging app. PayPal customers will be able to link their accounts to Facebook and Messenger at the checkout, while those in the US will also be able to get notifications in Messenger. Bill Ready from PayPal said the deal would “help make mobile commerce smarter, simpler and more secure for consumers as well as merchants”.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills