Online payments firm PayPal is to extend its relationship with Facebook and Messenger, becoming a payment option within the messaging app. PayPal customers will be able to link their accounts to Facebook and Messenger at the checkout, while those in the US will also be able to get notifications in Messenger. Bill Ready from PayPal said the deal would “help make mobile commerce smarter, simpler and more secure for consumers as well as merchants”.
- Google to boost Google Pay adoption with transfer option for cards saved in Chrome
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments