Online payments firm PayPal is to extend its relationship with Facebook and Messenger, becoming a payment option within the messaging app. PayPal customers will be able to link their accounts to Facebook and Messenger at the checkout, while those in the US will also be able to get notifications in Messenger. Bill Ready from PayPal said the deal would “help make mobile commerce smarter, simpler and more secure for consumers as well as merchants”.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups