Online payments firm PayPal is to extend its relationship with Facebook and Messenger, becoming a payment option within the messaging app. PayPal customers will be able to link their accounts to Facebook and Messenger at the checkout, while those in the US will also be able to get notifications in Messenger. Bill Ready from PayPal said the deal would “help make mobile commerce smarter, simpler and more secure for consumers as well as merchants”.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency