Mastercard will launch its biometric identity verification system across North America in the first half of 2017, with Canadian bank BMO Financial Group the first to offer the service to its corporate customers. Identity Check Mobile was soft launched earlier this year, and uses fingerprint and facial recognition to verify a cardholder’s identity. “Moving this technology beyond the pilot phase is a significant milestone in the evolution of payments,” says Ajay Bhalla from Mastercard. The service was rolled out in 12 European countries earlier this month.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet