Mastercard will launch its biometric identity verification system across North America in the first half of 2017, with Canadian bank BMO Financial Group the first to offer the service to its corporate customers. Identity Check Mobile was soft launched earlier this year, and uses fingerprint and facial recognition to verify a cardholder’s identity. “Moving this technology beyond the pilot phase is a significant milestone in the evolution of payments,” says Ajay Bhalla from Mastercard. The service was rolled out in 12 European countries earlier this month.
- Apple enters financial services market with privacy-first credit card
- Apple Pay expands to transit systems in the US
- Mastercard sets out vision for consumer-centric digital identities
- ING Romania to let customers withdraw cash with just their mobile phones
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India