India’s Yes Bank is to integrate ToneTag’s sound-based contactless payments system into its Yes Pay mobile wallet, The Economic Times reports. ToneTag uses sound waves instead of NFC to connect a smartphone, that has a mobile wallet app installed, with a POS device, allowing owners to make contactless payments. “We are bullish about our alliance as we continue to strive in making payments seamless for end users,” says Ritesh Pai from Yes Bank.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability