India’s Yes Bank is to integrate ToneTag’s sound-based contactless payments system into its Yes Pay mobile wallet, The Economic Times reports. ToneTag uses sound waves instead of NFC to connect a smartphone, that has a mobile wallet app installed, with a POS device, allowing owners to make contactless payments. “We are bullish about our alliance as we continue to strive in making payments seamless for end users,” says Ritesh Pai from Yes Bank.
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags