India’s Yes Bank is to integrate ToneTag’s sound-based contactless payments system into its Yes Pay mobile wallet, The Economic Times reports. ToneTag uses sound waves instead of NFC to connect a smartphone, that has a mobile wallet app installed, with a POS device, allowing owners to make contactless payments. “We are bullish about our alliance as we continue to strive in making payments seamless for end users,” says Ritesh Pai from Yes Bank.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022