Internet of things, monitoring for insurance and mobile wallet expansion are three of the key emerging smartwatch app trends found in research by Parks Associates. Leading Smart Watch Apps: Insights into Wearable Use Cases also shows Apple Watch owners are more engaged with their devices than all other smartwatch owners. “The two primary smartwatch use cases are fitness tracking and notifications, but use cases such as mobile payments, smart home and security, and vehicle access are emerging,” says Chris Tweedt from Parks Associates.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones