Internet of things, monitoring for insurance and mobile wallet expansion are three of the key emerging smartwatch app trends found in research by Parks Associates. Leading Smart Watch Apps: Insights into Wearable Use Cases also shows Apple Watch owners are more engaged with their devices than all other smartwatch owners. “The two primary smartwatch use cases are fitness tracking and notifications, but use cases such as mobile payments, smart home and security, and vehicle access are emerging,” says Chris Tweedt from Parks Associates.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?