Internet of things, monitoring for insurance and mobile wallet expansion are three of the key emerging smartwatch app trends found in research by Parks Associates. Leading Smart Watch Apps: Insights into Wearable Use Cases also shows Apple Watch owners are more engaged with their devices than all other smartwatch owners. “The two primary smartwatch use cases are fitness tracking and notifications, but use cases such as mobile payments, smart home and security, and vehicle access are emerging,” says Chris Tweedt from Parks Associates.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends