Internet of things, monitoring for insurance and mobile wallet expansion are three of the key emerging smartwatch app trends found in research by Parks Associates. Leading Smart Watch Apps: Insights into Wearable Use Cases also shows Apple Watch owners are more engaged with their devices than all other smartwatch owners. “The two primary smartwatch use cases are fitness tracking and notifications, but use cases such as mobile payments, smart home and security, and vehicle access are emerging,” says Chris Tweedt from Parks Associates.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes