Coffee chain Caffè Nero is to build a mobile payment and loyalty platform for its customers using technology supplied by QR code-based platform Yoyo Wallet. “The partnership, which will have implications for all Caffè Nero stores across the UK and Ireland, is Yoyo’s first significant step in taking their mobile wallet offering onto the high street,” Yoyo Wallet says. Yoyo began rolling out its service to university campuses in May 2014 and launched in private beta across the US in December last year.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities