Mobile payments now account for a quarter (25%) of all transactions processed in Starbucks stores across the US, with Mobile Order and Pay transactions representing 6% of the total, reaching 7% in September 2016. “Approximately 3,300 of our stores are handling 10% of their orders at peak through Mobile Order and Pay,” COO Kevin Johnson told investors during the coffee chain’s Q4 earnings call. “In 600 stores, Mobile Order and Pay represents over 20% of orders at peak, triple the number from last year.” The service was rolled out across the US in September 2015.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments