Customers of Russian bank Sberbank can now add their cards and make payments through Samsung Pay. “Beginning November 8, Sberbank customers with Mastercard credit or debit cards can register them for use with Samsung Pay,” Samsung says. With the new partnership, Samsung Pay is now available from seven major banks including Alfa-Bank, VTB24, MTS Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, Russian Standard Bank and Yandex. The mobile payment service launched in Russia last month.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments