Customers of Russian bank Sberbank can now add their cards and make payments through Samsung Pay. “Beginning November 8, Sberbank customers with Mastercard credit or debit cards can register them for use with Samsung Pay,” Samsung says. With the new partnership, Samsung Pay is now available from seven major banks including Alfa-Bank, VTB24, MTS Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, Russian Standard Bank and Yandex. The mobile payment service launched in Russia last month.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit