Customers of Russian bank Sberbank can now add their cards and make payments through Samsung Pay. “Beginning November 8, Sberbank customers with Mastercard credit or debit cards can register them for use with Samsung Pay,” Samsung says. With the new partnership, Samsung Pay is now available from seven major banks including Alfa-Bank, VTB24, MTS Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, Russian Standard Bank and Yandex. The mobile payment service launched in Russia last month.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands