A team of researchers from Carnegie Mellon University has fooled face recognition algorithms using a pair of fake glasses, New Scientist reports. By printing bespoke patterns onto the front of the frames, they enabled wearers not only to obscure their identity but to impersonate people who look completely different.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands