A team of researchers from Carnegie Mellon University has fooled face recognition algorithms using a pair of fake glasses, New Scientist reports. By printing bespoke patterns onto the front of the frames, they enabled wearers not only to obscure their identity but to impersonate people who look completely different.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay