Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Qatar has launched an Android version of its mobile app, which uses iBeacon technology to deliver passengers information about special offers at retail outlets, as well as real-time details on flights, baggage claim and location-based services. The iOS version of the HIA Qatar app has also been upgraded to make use of Apple’s indoor mapping service. “Investing in state-of-the-art technology is crucial for maintaining our position among the top airports in the world,” says Suhail Kadri at HIA.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models