Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Qatar has launched an Android version of its mobile app, which uses iBeacon technology to deliver passengers information about special offers at retail outlets, as well as real-time details on flights, baggage claim and location-based services. The iOS version of the HIA Qatar app has also been upgraded to make use of Apple’s indoor mapping service. “Investing in state-of-the-art technology is crucial for maintaining our position among the top airports in the world,” says Suhail Kadri at HIA.
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments
- Facial recognition technology to replace passports at Australian airports
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain