Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Qatar has launched an Android version of its mobile app, which uses iBeacon technology to deliver passengers information about special offers at retail outlets, as well as real-time details on flights, baggage claim and location-based services. The iOS version of the HIA Qatar app has also been upgraded to make use of Apple’s indoor mapping service. “Investing in state-of-the-art technology is crucial for maintaining our position among the top airports in the world,” says Suhail Kadri at HIA.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay