Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Qatar has launched an Android version of its mobile app, which uses iBeacon technology to deliver passengers information about special offers at retail outlets, as well as real-time details on flights, baggage claim and location-based services. The iOS version of the HIA Qatar app has also been upgraded to make use of Apple’s indoor mapping service. “Investing in state-of-the-art technology is crucial for maintaining our position among the top airports in the world,” says Suhail Kadri at HIA.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa