India’s first artificial intelligence banking robot has made its debut in a branch of City Union Bank in Chennai, The Times of India reports. Lakshmi is said to be able to voice intelligent and informal answers on more than 125 banking subjects. Sensitive financial information like account details are displayed on the robot’s screen and not voiced. The bank has plans for 25 to 30 robots at key branches by the end of the year if Lakshmi proves a hit with customers.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay