India’s first artificial intelligence banking robot has made its debut in a branch of City Union Bank in Chennai, The Times of India reports. Lakshmi is said to be able to voice intelligent and informal answers on more than 125 banking subjects. Sensitive financial information like account details are displayed on the robot’s screen and not voiced. The bank has plans for 25 to 30 robots at key branches by the end of the year if Lakshmi proves a hit with customers.
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments