IBM has announced a blockchain project with Singapore fintech startup KYCK! to enable the financial services provider to create new customer accounts more quickly and securely. Using the open source Hyperledger Project Fabric, KYCK! intends to provide brokerages a platform with video conferencing and encrypted document submission capabilities. “We have seen how blockchain can improve operational efficiency, increase transparency and reduce transaction risks,” says Darryl Tan, co-founder of KYCK!.
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?