IBM has announced a blockchain project with Singapore fintech startup KYCK! to enable the financial services provider to create new customer accounts more quickly and securely. Using the open source Hyperledger Project Fabric, KYCK! intends to provide brokerages a platform with video conferencing and encrypted document submission capabilities. “We have seen how blockchain can improve operational efficiency, increase transparency and reduce transaction risks,” says Darryl Tan, co-founder of KYCK!.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow