Apple is looking at developing digital glasses connected wirelessly to a wearer’s iPhone, which would show images and other information in the wearer’s field of vision and may use augmented reality, a report in Bloomberg suggests. Apple has talked about its glasses project with potential suppliers, according to people familiar with those discussions, the report adds. Should Apple ultimately decide to proceed with the device, it would be introduced in 2018 at the earliest.
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China