Apple is looking at developing digital glasses connected wirelessly to a wearer’s iPhone, which would show images and other information in the wearer’s field of vision and may use augmented reality, a report in Bloomberg suggests. Apple has talked about its glasses project with potential suppliers, according to people familiar with those discussions, the report adds. Should Apple ultimately decide to proceed with the device, it would be introduced in 2018 at the earliest.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit