There are now 388.8m Visa EMV cards circulating in the US, 180.6m of which are credit cards and 208.3m debit cards, the payment network has revealed. “More than 1.7m merchants are now accepting chip cards, a 191% increase in the last year,” the company says. “There were more than three quarters of a billion Visa chip transactions in October, a 453% increase over last year. Chip-ready merchants now represent 41% of Visa’s in-store payment volume.” The US became Visa’s largest chip card market in the world last month.
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology