There are now 388.8m Visa EMV cards circulating in the US, 180.6m of which are credit cards and 208.3m debit cards, the payment network has revealed. “More than 1.7m merchants are now accepting chip cards, a 191% increase in the last year,” the company says. “There were more than three quarters of a billion Visa chip transactions in October, a 453% increase over last year. Chip-ready merchants now represent 41% of Visa’s in-store payment volume.” The US became Visa’s largest chip card market in the world last month.
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans
- US airport stores to automatically file expense reports for business travellers
- LG to launch mobile payments service using magnetic communication technology
- Samsung Pay goes live across India with support for Paytm and UPI money transfers