Customers of US telecoms giant AT&T can send text messages to up to 10 contacts using Amazon’s Alexa artificial intelligence assistant. The AT&T Send Message skill went live on 18 November allowing users to ask to text a friend, after which the assistant prompts them to say their message. The launch came on the same day that Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices were made available on the AT&T website and in its retail stores.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain