Blockchain consortium R3 has reduced the amount it aims to raise from bank members in its first large round of equity funding to US$150m from US$200m, Reuters reports. More than 90% of its original 42 bank members have expressed an interest in investing, but Goldman Sachs and Banco Santander, both original participants, are not renewing their memberships, it adds. Morgan Stanley and National Australia Bank meanwhile are also not participating.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow