Blockchain consortium R3 has reduced the amount it aims to raise from bank members in its first large round of equity funding to US$150m from US$200m, Reuters reports. More than 90% of its original 42 bank members have expressed an interest in investing, but Goldman Sachs and Banco Santander, both original participants, are not renewing their memberships, it adds. Morgan Stanley and National Australia Bank meanwhile are also not participating.
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket