ATM manufacturer Diebold Nixdorf and Australian banking services provider Cuscal are using beacon technology to deliver personalised marketing offers to people as they approach cash machines or bank branches. Cuscal is testing the technology, which involves using beacons to deliver messages via bluetooth to smartphones including specific apps. The aim is to identify how effective such marketing is during what is described as the ‘approach phase’ of the consumer experience, rather than the ‘transact phase’ once a card has been inserted in an ATM.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform