In-store mobile payments accounted for 0.6% of transactions made on Black Friday in the US, research released by payment technologies provider Cayan reveals. California recorded the highest use of mobile payments with 1%, while Wyoming recorded the lowest with 0.05%. EMV cards represented 55% of all Black Friday transactions, while magnetic stripe cards took a 34% share.
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users