In-store mobile payments accounted for 0.6% of transactions made on Black Friday in the US, research released by payment technologies provider Cayan reveals. California recorded the highest use of mobile payments with 1%, while Wyoming recorded the lowest with 0.05%. EMV cards represented 55% of all Black Friday transactions, while magnetic stripe cards took a 34% share.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?