Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’
- UK Finance reports 31% rise in contactless transactions
- Chipotle teams with Venmo to launch mobile rewards program
- Safaricom signs mobile payments deal with Alibaba