Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February