Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works