Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points