Mastercard has filed patent applications describing systems and methods for authorising and securing blockchain transactions using existing payment networks. “[The] use of traditional payment networks and payment systems technologies in combination with blockchain currencies may provide consumers and merchants the benefits of the decentralized blockchain, while still maintaining security of account information and provide a strong defense against fraud and theft,” the payments company says.
- Barclays opens Pingit wearable payments store
- Chinese airlines to offer NFC baggage tags at Beijing airport
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption