Apple Pay is now available for HSBC Singapore customers holding Visa and MasterCard credit cards, allowing them to make payments in stores with Visa payWave or MasterCard contactless payment terminals. “We believe the security, privacy and convenience Apple Pay brings will appeal to all our customers, especially those who are also active users of our digital banking services,” says Anurag Mathur from HSBC Singapore. The bank is offering S$5 (US$3.50) off every Apple Pay transaction until 15 January 2017, with a minimum spend of S$10, as a promotional offer.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet