Australian bank ANZ has announced it is working with Apple to deliver a wider range of financial products, including mortgages, through Apple Pay, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. “What we’re seeing is a much higher propensity for people who’ve come to us with an Apple Pay solution to then go on and expand that relationship with us,” bank chief Shayne Elliott says. The news comes a day after other Australian banks suffered a setback over their long-running demands for access to the NFC technology within iPhones.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes