Prepaid card provider Blackhawk Network is to integrate gift cards, egifts, loyalty and rewards programs into Apple Pay. “The technology will enable Blackhawk to serve as a digital pass provider for merchants,” the company says. “Consumers have the option to store, manage and make payments with gift and loyalty cards using their Apple Wallet, and retailers have the resources needed to make improved digital connections with shoppers.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform