A teardown conducted by iFixit has revealed an NFC controller in the Touch Bar of Apple’s new MacBook Pro. The controller is an NXP 66V10 NFC controller, “containing Secure Element 008 and NXP PN549 (as seen in the iPhone 6s)”, iFixit says. The MacBook Pro includes Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments, unlocking and the switching of user accounts.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API