A teardown conducted by iFixit has revealed an NFC controller in the Touch Bar of Apple’s new MacBook Pro. The controller is an NXP 66V10 NFC controller, “containing Secure Element 008 and NXP PN549 (as seen in the iPhone 6s)”, iFixit says. The MacBook Pro includes Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments, unlocking and the switching of user accounts.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability