A teardown conducted by iFixit has revealed an NFC controller in the Touch Bar of Apple’s new MacBook Pro. The controller is an NXP 66V10 NFC controller, “containing Secure Element 008 and NXP PN549 (as seen in the iPhone 6s)”, iFixit says. The MacBook Pro includes Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments, unlocking and the switching of user accounts.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works