A teardown conducted by iFixit has revealed an NFC controller in the Touch Bar of Apple’s new MacBook Pro. The controller is an NXP 66V10 NFC controller, “containing Secure Element 008 and NXP PN549 (as seen in the iPhone 6s)”, iFixit says. The MacBook Pro includes Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments, unlocking and the switching of user accounts.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash