A teardown conducted by iFixit has revealed an NFC controller in the Touch Bar of Apple’s new MacBook Pro. The controller is an NXP 66V10 NFC controller, “containing Secure Element 008 and NXP PN549 (as seen in the iPhone 6s)”, iFixit says. The MacBook Pro includes Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments, unlocking and the switching of user accounts.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments