Some 400,000 Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) customers have registered to use the bank’s NFC payments sticker, making 600,000 monthly payments, The Sydney Morning Herald says. CBA is one of four Australian banks battling Apple for greater control over negotiations with third-party mobile wallets. The bank says many customers are yet to embrace using their phone as a digital wallet, but it is also “prepared to surrender revenue in a deal with Apple”.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK