Some 400,000 Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) customers have registered to use the bank’s NFC payments sticker, making 600,000 monthly payments, The Sydney Morning Herald says. CBA is one of four Australian banks battling Apple for greater control over negotiations with third-party mobile wallets. The bank says many customers are yet to embrace using their phone as a digital wallet, but it is also “prepared to surrender revenue in a deal with Apple”.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works