Some 400,000 Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) customers have registered to use the bank’s NFC payments sticker, making 600,000 monthly payments, The Sydney Morning Herald says. CBA is one of four Australian banks battling Apple for greater control over negotiations with third-party mobile wallets. The bank says many customers are yet to embrace using their phone as a digital wallet, but it is also “prepared to surrender revenue in a deal with Apple”.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies