Some 400,000 Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) customers have registered to use the bank’s NFC payments sticker, making 600,000 monthly payments, The Sydney Morning Herald says. CBA is one of four Australian banks battling Apple for greater control over negotiations with third-party mobile wallets. The bank says many customers are yet to embrace using their phone as a digital wallet, but it is also “prepared to surrender revenue in a deal with Apple”.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes