Some 400,000 Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) customers have registered to use the bank’s NFC payments sticker, making 600,000 monthly payments, The Sydney Morning Herald says. CBA is one of four Australian banks battling Apple for greater control over negotiations with third-party mobile wallets. The bank says many customers are yet to embrace using their phone as a digital wallet, but it is also “prepared to surrender revenue in a deal with Apple”.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API