Samsung has begun a beta trial of Samsung Pay in Malaysia with Maybank. Customers with an eligible Samsung device can register to join the beta test now, using their Visa debit, credit or prepaid card. “Successful beta testers stand to win RM100 (US$22) cashback when you spend with Samsung Pay from 12 December 2016 to 11 February 2017,” Maybank says. Samsung revealed its plans to launch Samsung Pay in Malaysia in October this year.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies