Samsung has begun a beta trial of Samsung Pay in Malaysia with Maybank. Customers with an eligible Samsung device can register to join the beta test now, using their Visa debit, credit or prepaid card. “Successful beta testers stand to win RM100 (US$22) cashback when you spend with Samsung Pay from 12 December 2016 to 11 February 2017,” Maybank says. Samsung revealed its plans to launch Samsung Pay in Malaysia in October this year.
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network